By Phd, John Dececco,Sonya L Jones
- memoirs of homosexual Holocaust survivors and the emergence of the 1st lesbian and homosexual e-book membership in its wake
- homophobia within the place of work and using coming-out tales to reinforce place of work range
- the institution of a gay/straight alliance in a Salt Lake urban highschool that's seriously ruled by means of Mormons
- gay literary background that examines the works of Langston Hughes in addition to Martin Duberman, Paul Monette, and Edmund White in terms of the lesbian 70s
- creative nonfiction a couple of woman's love for an additional lady, her lifelong buddy
- Provincetown's amazing group reaction to the AIDS epidemicA number of chapters written by means of the colleagues and previous scholars of John P. De Cecco, pioneering editor of the magazine of Homosexuality, A Sea of news takes its name from a word Dr. De Cecco utilized in his keynote handle to the “History and reminiscence” convention at Allegheny collage in 1997. This convention sparked the belief for this number of essays that research the gay event via ancient, mental, and sociological viewpoints and homosexuality in literature. those brave tales will support readers to understand themselves extra deeply, to spot wih others, and to interpret homosexual and lesbian studies in several narrative varieties.
Read Online or Download A Sea of Stories: The Shaping Power of Narrative in Gay and Lesbian Cultures: A Festschrift for John P. DeCecco PDF
Best gay fiction books
A friendship that ends up in one passionate evening. Mark and Jesse were top acquaintances for over a decade. notwithstanding, Mark has had a mystery infatuation with Jesse in the course of that point. Having discovered he's demise from a mind tumor, Mark eventually will get the braveness to inform Jesse how he feels. Mark is hesitant before everything.
It’s the Nineteen Thirties in Texas while Charlie Bader comes of age with urges he has struggled with considering the fact that formative years and doesn't comprehend. After his new bride unearths him donning her personal horny underwear and leaves him in disgust, he attempts to maneuver on. His efforts lead him to Chicago, the place he stumbles on a neighborhood of cross-dressers and starts off to wait their mystery soirees.
The Clothesline Swing is a trip during the complicated aftermath of the Arab Spring. A former Syrian refugee himself, Ramadan unveils a captivating story of braveness that weaves during the mountains of Syria, the valleys of Lebanon, the encompassing seas of Turkey, the warmth of Egypt and eventually, the desire of a brand new domestic in Canada.
Raised in a conservative Bay zone loved ones, Chris Mann strikes to the town with a collection of intentions in direct distinction to these of homosexual migrants within the Seventies. but no quicker does he begin his first yr in legislation university then homosexual politics confronts him at each flip. His classmate and low lover, Wendy, regales him together with her paintings on Harvey Milk's crusade opposed to the anti-gay Briggs Initiative.
- Men, Homosexuality, and the Gods: An Exploration into the Religious Significance of Male Homosexuality in World Perspective (Haworth Gay & Lesbian Studies)
- Debut: Chicago, 1952
- Balls & Chain: A Buck 98 Adventure
- Big Bad Wolf
- Girl- Six Color Society
- Secret Summer
Additional info for A Sea of Stories: The Shaping Power of Narrative in Gay and Lesbian Cultures: A Festschrift for John P. DeCecco
A Sea of Stories: The Shaping Power of Narrative in Gay and Lesbian Cultures: A Festschrift for John P. DeCecco by Phd, John Dececco,Sonya L Jones